CHARLES O. PERRY • PURE FORM
Last summer I produced a full-length documentary that focuses on the work and life of the extraordinary artist Charles O.Perry, a sculptor, designer, inventor and architect who produced more than 100 commissioned pieces seen all over the world. He specialized in large public sculpture, his most recognized is "Continuum" that greets visitors in front of the main entrance to the Air and Space Museum in D.C. Perry also designed furniture and puzzles. PURE FORM explores Perry's monumental body of work alongside his professional and personal journey.
One of my favorite videos I produced last year has been honored with an award from the North Carolina Society of Historians. The Paul Green Multimedia Award is given to people promoting NC history or genealogy through poetry, historical plays, videos, oral histories, music, quilts, etc. "History's Kids" focuses on a unique program designed and taught by Lisa Jillani to immerse teenagers in18th century skills, and give them an appreciation for a time in history when America's forefathers were self-reliant. You can watch it again or for the first time on the region's premier web-based magazine Charlotte Viewpoint.
HISTORY TRANSFORMED INTO ART
For the past 18 months I've been documenting on video my neighborhood's efforts to commemorate the founding of Charlotte's first electric streetcar suburb in 1891. This is a unique story of a community working together to raise the money for, and commissioning a public art sculpture, something for the next generation to appreciate.
Part of the proceeds from your purchase will be donated to the Dilworth Art Project for future public art in the Dilworth neighborhood. ($19.95)
Do you have a collection of old photographs, slides, VHS
tapes or Super 8 film that you've been meaning to organize?
• Is there an event- birthday, graduation, wedding- you would like to document in a special way?
• Should someone you know be interviewed on tape so that important stories won't be lost?
• Have you always wanted to learn how to edit your own videos on your computer? If the answer to any of these questions is "yes" then I can help you by:
1. Organizing and shaping video histories from archival images
2. Shooting, editing and producing videos of important events
3. Conducting and recording one-on-one video interviews
4. Teaching video editing to individuals or groups
What I Believe...
Knowledge and appreciation of our recent or distant past can greatly enrich our present. Now and Then video strives to bring the past into sharp focus, making it relevant to today's and to future generations. My goal is to work closely with you to create a one-of-a-kind, personalized, professional digital video that preserves the memories for the future.